Dr. Randall Yessenow
Native Ohioan Dr. Yessenow has been practicing in the Chicago area for the last 20 years. He is adamant about the positive value of treating the patient's outer body parts of concern in order to match one's inner beauty. An honors graduate of Case Western Reserve University, Dr. Yesssenow continued his education at The Ohio State University College of Medicine, where he received the Landacre Society Award for Medical Research and the Samuel J. Roessler Medical Research Scholar Award. Dr. Yessenow then completed his General Surgery Internship at The University of Iowa. This internship was followed by admission to the highly selective Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery training program at The University of Iowa, where he served as Chief Resident. He then attended The University of Oklahoma for plastic surgery training and became a Chief Resident there as well. Dr. Yessenow continued his research, publishing multiple papers and book chapters. His training concluded in New York City at the prestigious Lenox Hill Hospital, where he trained with some of the most well-respected aesthetic/cosmetic surgeons in the country. Active in his professional organizations, Dr. Yessenow is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and is also a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, having served on several committees. In his free time, he is an avid sports fan and enjoys working out.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Inc., - Active
- Young Plastic Surgeons Committee, 1993 - 1998 CPT Committee, 1994 - 1998
- Visiting Professor Committee, 1996 - 2000
- American College of Surgeons
- The Double Boarded Society Indiana State Medical Association
- American Board of Otolaryngology, 10/12/89
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, 11/93, #4510
- Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners, Certificate #291127, Issued 7/1/85
- Case Western Reserve University Cleveland, Ohio
- Ohio State University College of Medicine Columbus, Ohio
- General Surgery University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics Iowa City, Iowa
- Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery— University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics Iowa City, Iowa
- Chief Resident, Plastic Surgery— University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Plastic Surgery
Honors and Accolades
- Honors Graduate at Case Western Reserve
- Landacre Society Award for Medical Research at Ohio State University College of Medicine.
- Samuel J. Roessler Medical Research Scholar Award at Ohio State University College of Medicine.
- Chief Resident of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery at University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
- Chief Resident of Plastic Surgery at University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Furste W, Parsons J, Cabrera H, Yessenow R: A comparison of tetanus prophylaxis as effected in emergency room and departments in the United States of America in 1978 and 1981. Sixth International Conference on Tetanus. Foundation Marcel Merieux, 1981, 215-241.
- Ferrera J and Yessenow R: Mesenteric cyst: An unusual case of intestinal obstruction. J Surgical Gastroenterology, Vol. 1:227-230, 1982.
- Maves M and Yessenow R: The use of composite grafts in nasal reconstruction. Journal of Dermatologic Surgery & Oncology, Vol. 14:994 999, 1988.
- Yessenow Rand Maves M: The effects of Oxypherol-ET on random skin flap survival in the porcine model. Arch Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Vol. 114:973-976, 1988.
- Yessenow Rand Maves M: The effects pentoxifylline on random skin flap survival. Arch Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Vol. 115:179-181, 1989.
- Yessenow Rand McCabe B: The osteo-mucoperiosteal flap in repair of cerebrospinal flid rhinorrhea: A 20-year experience. Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery, Vol. 101(5) 555-558, 1989.
- Yessenow R, Garner S, Bauer C, Kelly K, Barcach J: The effects of calcium channel blockers on random skin flap survival in the pig model. European J Plas Surg, Vol. 14:3-6, 1991.