Triple Board-Certified Surgeon Dr. Harris focuses solely on cosmetic surgery. His main passion is cosmetic surgery enhancement that bolsters patients' quality of life, and his results show it. A native Kentuckian, the surgeon relocated following training in Louisville, KY, and Chattanooga, TN. Well-experienced in both facial and body cosmetic procedures, Dr. Harris has performed over 1,500 major procedures in the past year. He's also lectured at the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery's annual conference. In the most recent World Congress on Liposuction, he was the youngest faculty member of the year to present. Dr. Harris lives in Franklin, Tennessee with his wife and two children.
- Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship (American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery) – Southern Surgical Arts, Chattanooga, TN (2016-2017)
- General Surgery Residency – Hiram C. Polk Jr., MD Department of Surgery, University of Louisville (2009-2014)
- M.D. – University of Louisville School of Medicine (2005-2009)
- B.S. – Biology – Murray State University (2001-2005)
Honors and Awards
- American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery Credentials Committee (2018-present)
- American Board of Surgery – Board Certified 2015
- American Board of Cosmetic Surgery – Board Certified 2017
- American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery – Board Certified 2017
- David Richardson M.D. Award Winner for Best Overall General Surgery Resident
- University of Louisville Trauma Institute Award Winner for Most Outstanding Trauma Surgery Resident
- Hiram C. Polk Jr. M.D. Scholarship Award Winner for Most Outstanding Fourth Year Medical Student in General Surgery
- American Association for the Surgery of Trauma Medical Student Scholarship
- Most Outstanding Biology Student – Murray State University
- Harris, BT. Ultrasound Assisted Rytidectomy – Improving Results with Advancing Technology. Presented at the World Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Vienna, Austria. 9/2018
- Harris, BT. Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction for Gynecomastia – Avoiding the Incision. Presented at the World Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Vienna, Austria. 9/2018
- Harris, BT. Nease, CJ. Ultrasound Assisted Rhytidectomy – Improving Results with Advancing Technology. Presented at the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Las Vegas, NV. 2/2018.
- Harris, BT. Gardner, VW. Deal, RC. The Staple-Shape Chest Lift – A Novel Technique for Massive Weight Loss in Males. Presented at American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Las Vegas, NV. 2/2018.
- Harris, BT. Nease, CJ. Gardner, VW. Deal, RC. Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction for Gynecomastia – Avoiding the Incision. Presented at the World Congress on Liposuction. Chicago, IL. 10/2017.
- Harris, BT. Nease, CJ. Gardner, VW. Fogleman, T. Deal, RC. diVa Vaginal Rejuventation for the “True Mommy Makeover”. Presented at American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. San Diego, CA. 2/2017.
- Harris, BT. Nease, CJ. Gardner, VW. Fogleman, T. Deal, RC. Treatment of Umbilical and Ventral Hernias During Abdominoplasty. Presented at American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. San Diego, CA. 2/2017
- Barnett RE, Harris BT, Cheadle WG. Accuracy of Computed Tomography in Small Bowel Obstruction. The American Surgeon. 2013 June
- Matheson PJ. Harris BT. Hurt RT. Zakaria ER. Garrison RN. Enteral glutamine supplementation impairs intestinal blood flow in rats. American Journal of Surgery. 196(2):293-9, 2008 Aug.
- Harris BT. Matheson PJ. Hurt RT. Zakaria ER. Garrison RN. Effects of Glutamine on Gut Blood Flow in the Rat. Poster Presentation at Research! Louisville. September 2006. Louisville, KY.
- Matheson PJ. Harris BT. Hurt RT. Zakaria ER. Garrison RN. Effects of Glutamine on Gut Blood Flow in the Rat. Presented at the 31st Annual Meeting of the Association of VA Surgeons. May 2007. Little Rock, AK.
- Franklin GA. Harris BT. Santos AP. Smock W. Harbrecht BG. Richardson JD. A Population Based Assessment of Truncal Gunshot Wounds. Poster Presentation at the 67th Annual National Meeting of the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma. September 2008. Maui, HI.
- Harris BT. Franklin GA. Richardson JD. Impact of Hollow Viscus Injuries on Outcomes of Abdominal Gunshot Wounds. Presented at the 2009 Annual Scientific Meeting of the Southeastern Surgical Congress in Atlanta, GA. The American Surgeon. May 2009.
- Image Surgical Arts – Cosmetic Surgeon – (2017-present) – Nashville, TN
- West Kentucky Surgical, Inc. – General Surgeon – (2014-2016) – Murray, KY
- Instructor – The Osler Institute – General Surgery Board Review Instruction – 2016
- Patient care attendant at Murray Calloway County Hospital (2001-2005) – Murray, KY
Extracurricular and Leadership Activities
- American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery – Credentials Committee Member
- Board of Directors WATCH, Inc. – organization that provides job opportunities and assistance with self-care for individuals with mental handicaps
- Member of Leadership Murray – Class of 2016
- Graduate of Leadership Murray State – 2004
- Member of Young Professionals of Murray
- Volunteer at Soup for the Soul – organization that provides free meals to low income families
- Attended American Association for the Surgery of Trauma National Meeting – Maui, HI (poster presentation)
- Attended Southeastern Surgical Congress National Meeting – Atlanta, GA (poster presentation)
- Elected by peers as third year class captain in medical school – duties involved keeping peers updated on information from clerkship directors and resolving any issues that arise throughout clerkship rotations (2007)
- Secretary of American Medical Student Association (AMSA) – Louisville Chapter (2006)
- Attended AMSA meeting in Miami, FL (2006)
- Tutor for first year medical students in anatomy, physiology, and histology (2006-2007)
- Microbiology Clinical Correlation Coordinator (2006)
- Gross Anatomy Convocation of Thanks – organized and assisted with various aspects of the ceremony to show thanks from the medical student body to the families of cadavers (2007)
- Americana Latino Community Center – spoke with Latin American parents about the importance of teaching their children safe sex practices and recognizing drug use in their children (2007)
- Girls High School Varsity Soccer coach – Calloway County High School (2002-2005)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Hobbies and Outside Interests
- Completed IRONMAN Louisville endurance race
- Completed multiple marathons and other endurance events
- 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason
- Member of Temple Hill Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons
- Hiking & Camping
- Various Athletics