Dr. Armin Karl Moshyedi
Dr. Moshyedi is a native Washingtonian with an Ivy League education and an understanding of D.C. area residents' goals for safe, natural, discrete, and affordable plastic surgery. He has published numerous articles and abstracts and presented at national society meetings on various subjects, including patient safety, breast surgery, weight loss, and liposuction, and suction-assisted liposuction.
- National Institutes of Health, Plastic Surgery Consultant (2002-Present)
- Suburban Hospital - Johns Hopkins Medicine, Attending Physician (2002-Present)
- Peer Reviewer and Utilization Management, Independent Consultant (2002-Present)
- Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine at Doctors Community Hospital, Medical Director (2016-2018)
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital Wound Care Center in Rockville Maryland, Panel Physician (2003-2007)
- University of Alabama - Birmingham, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (2000-2002)
- University of Florida, General Surgery (1994-200)
- University of Maryland School of Medicine, Medical Doctorate (1990-1994)
- University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Arts, Biology (1986-1990)
- Diplomate American Board of Plastic Surgery (2003-Present)
- Diplomate American Board of Surgery (2001-2011)
- National Institutes of Health - Consultant staff
- Suburban Hospital - Johns Hopkins Medicine - Active staff
- Suburban Outpatient Surgery Center - Active staff
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- National Capital Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Maryland - active
- Virginia - active
- Alabama - inactive
- Edward R. Woodward Surgical Resident’s Award. Department of Surgery. University of Florida College of Medicine, Outstanding Qualities in Scholastics, Teaching and Patient Care (2000)
- Medical Alumni Association Award in Surgery. University of Florida College of Medicine (2000)
- Hans R. Wilhelmsen Prize, Department of Surgery. University of Maryland School of Medicine, Academic Achievement in Surgery (1994)
- Pennsylvania Club Award, University of Pennsylvania, Leadership (1989)
- Department of Surgery, University of Florida College of Medicine, Research Fellowship (1996-1997)
- Division of Neurosurgery, University of Maryland Medical System, Research Assistant (1990)
Diagnosis, Management, and Complications of Glomus Tumours of the Digits in Neurofibromatosis Type 1. Stewart DR, Sloan JL, Yao L, Mannes AJ, Moshyedi A, Lee CC, Sciot R, De Smet L, Mautner VF, Legius E. J Med Genet. 2010 Aug;47(8):525-32. doi: 10.1136/jmg.2009.073965. Epub 2010 Jun 7.
Washington’s Finest Magazine, Quarterly Column Contributor, 2008-2010. Minimizing Complications in Breast Reconstruction. AK Moshyedi. LO Vasconez.
Breast Disease. Volume 16, 2002, 141-146
Preparation for Suction-Assisted Lipectomy: Fluids, Lidocaine, and Epinephrine. AK Moshyedi, LO Vasconez. Operative Techniques in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Body Contouring and Liposuction. Part 1. Volume 8. No 1. Ketch, L1. Philadelphia W.B. Sauders. February 2002.
Cholangiocarcinoma and other Tumors of the Biliary Tree. AK Moshyedi., Vauthey, J.N. Therapy of Digestive Disorders. W olfe, M.M. Philadelphia. W.B. Sauders, 1999.
Leptin Produces Anorexia and Weight Loss without Inducing an Acute Phase Response or Protein Wasting. Kaibara A, Moshyedi A, Affuenberg I, Abouhamze A, Copeland PM III, Kalra S, Moldawer LL, Am J Physiol 1 998 June: 274(6 P. 2): R1518-R1525
Increased Leptin Expression in Mice with Bacterial Peritonitis is Partially Regulated by Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha. Moshyedi AK, Josephs MD, Abdalla EK, Mackay ST, Edwards CK III, Copeland EM III, Moldawer LL. Infect Immun 1998 Apr66(4): 1800-1802.