How Do Fat Transfers to the Hands Actually Work?
Fat transfers consist of using process fat from the patient's body to contour and plump a patient's hands. It's also known as autologous fat transfer.
Fat cells are removed by liposuction from the donor area, usually around the naval or thighs or buttocks, via a cannula. The fat cells are then processed and cleaned to then be reinjected into the hands.
Given that fat is reabsorbed into the body, the surgeon will initially overfill the treatment area.
Why Choose A Phoenix Fat Transfer to Hands
The main reasons you should be interested in choosing a fat transfer for your aging hands is because of the following:
- The fillers aren't synthetic material; it's your fat, meaning less chance of an allergic reaction.
- Results last much longer, up to several years.
- Results are more natural feeling and looking.
- You're simultaneously slimming down one part of your body and giving your hands a youthful appearance.
How Does The Fat Transfer Procedure Work?
The whole procedure is performed in an office setting with the help of local anesthesia. The procedure type is relatively quick, taking about 30 to 45 minutes for full completion.
How Should I Prepare For A Hand Rejuvenation?
Before the procedure, you should thoroughly discuss your goals with a surgeon certified by the American Society for Plastic Surgery to review your medical history.
As well as discuss your expectations for the procedures, the potential risks or medical complications, and your desired outcomes. You need to inform your doctor about having previously taken the following substances:
- Prescription medications
- Over the counter medicines such as aspirin or ibuprofen
- Herbal supplements
What To Expect Post-Procedure
Following the treatment, you'll be given ice to ease any discomfort or swelling. Avoid applying pressure to the area, and if you're experiencing any of the following side effects, do not worry, they're common:
Risks that you should worry about are:
- Bleeding from the injection sites
- Excessive swelling and bruising
- Redness and tenderness
The Optimal Hand Rejuvenation Procedure
Traditional hand rejuvenation fat transfers aren't perfect. They still have their risks or medical complications.
Elite Body Sculpture operates under the philosophy that making changes to your body shouldn't be full of unprecedented risks. That's why we offer you the AirSculpt® Hand Rejuvenation Fat Transfer, the safest and most precise procedure on the market.
It's performed in the following steps:
- The Elite Body Sculpture surgeon numbs the fat extraction site with the AirPen, which uses pressurized air to administer the local anesthetic.
- A biopsy punch is used to form a symmetrical opening, and laser technology is applied to prepare the fat for extraction.
- When the fat is ready, the AirSculpt® cannula plucks the fat from the area.
- The cannula is then placed into reverse mode, while steps 1&2 are repeated on the hands.
- The fat is injected and used to contour the hands to their desired appearance.
- The apertures formed by the biopsy punch are naturally left to heal, leaving a freckle-sized mark on each area.
For more information, head to Elite Body Sculpture Phoenix for your first consultation.