Gynecomastia vs. Chest Fat: What Are the Causes and How Do I Treat It in Houston?
Gynecomastia, a condition colloquially referred to as man-boobs can be a dude's worst enemy. In technical terms, gynecomastia is the formation of glandular breast tissue in men. This condition affects all age ranges.
Gynecomastia is the most common breast condition among males. There's also the condition called pseudogynecomastia, which is excess fat in the breasts without the proliferation of breast glands.
Both of these conditions can negatively affect a man's appearance, which can, in turn, hurt their self-esteem and self-confidence.
How Does Gynecomastia Originate in the Body?
Gynecomastia occurs due to a decrease in the amount of testosterone relative to estrogen. This reduction causes a hormonal imbalance, resulting in more massive breasts on men.
Ways to prevent a hormonal imbalance that could lead to gynecomastia include these three suggestions:
- Limit the use of drugs
- Do not heavily drink alcohol
- Revise if your medications have the side effect of causing gynecomastia
Is Liposuction an Effective Treatment for Gynecomastia?
Liposuction has traditionally been heralded as an effective surgical treatment for gynecomastia. While it has proven effective at removing large chunks of undesired fatty tissue, it nevertheless has several essential downsides. Simply put, all invasive, surgical procedures are prone to risks that may have the chance of causing more psychological and physical distress than a patient felt before.
The potential risks that may stem from gynecomastia liposuction include:
- Anesthesia complications
- Wound healing complications
- Ugly scarring
- Damage to surrounding tissues
The Most Optimal Gynecomastia Procedure: Elite Body Sculpture's AirSculpt®
Elite Body Sculpture's patented AirSculpt® technology is can swiftly tackle gynecomastia for good with a single, minimally invasive procedure.
AirSculpt® does not require the use of a scalpel, needle, general anesthesia, or stitches. In other words, it has completely revolutionized what liposuction does, offering a wide array of benefits such as a painless experience without downtime.
A Gynecomastia AirSculpt® treatment goes as follows:
- The Elite Body Sculpture surgeon employs an AirPen, device that uses differences in air pressure to distribute topical numbing medication. The AirPen replaces the need for an injection with a large needle to numb the skin.
- Once the chest area is numbed correctly, a perfectly symmetrical two millimeter-wide entryway is formed with a biopsy punch tool. This step means we don't have to cut a wide incision in either pec, as is done during liposuction.
- Laser energy is then applied through the entryway to soften the fat for a seamless and gentle extraction.
- The surgeon uses the patented AirSculpt® cannula to pluck the fat by the cell, a delicate process that protects the surrounding tissues.
- The entryway is naturally left to heal on its own with dissolvable sutures, with no stitches required.
After AirSculpt®, all that is needed is that you wear compression garments for around two weeks to cope with minimal swelling. Recovery is a breeze, and you're able to get back to work as little as two days.
Why We Do What We Do
At Elite Body Sculpture Houston, our primary focus isn't to sculpt your chest. Having terrible posture to hide your man boobs and fearing to take off your shirt in public can hurt anyone's self-esteem. With our breast reduction surgery, we aim to sculpt your chest and boost your confidence at once.
Our minimally invasive technology seamlessly links precision results and a luxury experience.